The following books and videos have inspired us and provoked our thinking in different ways. At el Jardín, we aspire to the concepts these authors propose just as we respond to them with our actions each day.
- Emotional Intelligence, Daniel Goleman.
- Out of our Minds: Learning to be creative, Ken Robinson.
- Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- Parenting with Presence, Susan Stiffelman.
- Having of Wonderful Ideas, Eleanor Duckworth.
- The Power of Play, David Elkind.
- Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation, Daniel J. Siegel. M.D.
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child, John Gottman.
- Playful Parenting, Lawrence Cohen
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles and Help Your Family Thrive, Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
The Future of Learning
Creativity & Education
The Whole-Brain Child
A quality education changes lives, and it starts with you.